Additional burden on common man: Prakash Karat
Kolkata: Deregulation of diesel prices will put additional burden on common man, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat said here on Thursday.
``The common people are already hard hit by price rise of commodities. Deregulation of diesel prices will put additional burden on them,`` Karat, here in connection with the CPI(M) central committee meeting, said, according to party sources.
Karat`s comments followed the raising of the cap on supply of subsidised cooking gas to nine cylinders per household from six and virtual deregulation of diesel prices by the centre by allowing small hikes over a period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal