Additional burden on common man: Prakash Karat
Kolkata: Deregulation of diesel prices will put additional burden on common man, CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat said here on Thursday.
``The common people are already hard hit by price rise of commodities. Deregulation of diesel prices will put additional burden on them,`` Karat, here in connection with the CPI(M) central committee meeting, said, according to party sources.
Karat`s comments followed the raising of the cap on supply of subsidised cooking gas to nine cylinders per household from six and virtual deregulation of diesel prices by the centre by allowing small hikes over a period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway