Advance IIT joint entrance exam under new format on June 2
New Delhi: The Advance Joint Entrance Examination 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programme in IITs under the new format will be held on June 2 after the Mains on April 7.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IITs, the apex body comprising IIT heads, is understood to have approved the dates at a meeting today, officials said.
The exam next year would be conducted by IIT-Delhi and H C Gupta would be the chairman of the organising committee.
The JAB had on August 5 approved the common entrance test for admission to the undergraduate programme for 2013 based on percentile ranking.
The new format adopted by the IIT council comprises a two-tier system -- a main and an advance test. Students clearing the advance test after being screened in the Mains would be considered for admission provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their boards.
The logistics for both the exam will be conducted by CBSE. The advance exam will be solely conducted by the IIT.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank