Advance IIT joint entrance exam under new format on June 2
New Delhi: The Advance Joint Entrance Examination 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programme in IITs under the new format will be held on June 2 after the Mains on April 7.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IITs, the apex body comprising IIT heads, is understood to have approved the dates at a meeting today, officials said.
The exam next year would be conducted by IIT-Delhi and H C Gupta would be the chairman of the organising committee.
The JAB had on August 5 approved the common entrance test for admission to the undergraduate programme for 2013 based on percentile ranking.
The new format adopted by the IIT council comprises a two-tier system -- a main and an advance test. Students clearing the advance test after being screened in the Mains would be considered for admission provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their boards.
The logistics for both the exam will be conducted by CBSE. The advance exam will be solely conducted by the IIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena