Advance IIT joint entrance exam under new format on June 2
New Delhi: The Advance Joint Entrance Examination 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programme in IITs under the new format will be held on June 2 after the Mains on April 7.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IITs, the apex body comprising IIT heads, is understood to have approved the dates at a meeting today, officials said.
The exam next year would be conducted by IIT-Delhi and H C Gupta would be the chairman of the organising committee.
The JAB had on August 5 approved the common entrance test for admission to the undergraduate programme for 2013 based on percentile ranking.
The new format adopted by the IIT council comprises a two-tier system -- a main and an advance test. Students clearing the advance test after being screened in the Mains would be considered for admission provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their boards.
The logistics for both the exam will be conducted by CBSE. The advance exam will be solely conducted by the IIT.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed