Advance IIT joint entrance exam under new format on June 2
New Delhi: The Advance Joint Entrance Examination 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programme in IITs under the new format will be held on June 2 after the Mains on April 7.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IITs, the apex body comprising IIT heads, is understood to have approved the dates at a meeting today, officials said.
The exam next year would be conducted by IIT-Delhi and H C Gupta would be the chairman of the organising committee.
The JAB had on August 5 approved the common entrance test for admission to the undergraduate programme for 2013 based on percentile ranking.
The new format adopted by the IIT council comprises a two-tier system -- a main and an advance test. Students clearing the advance test after being screened in the Mains would be considered for admission provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their boards.
The logistics for both the exam will be conducted by CBSE. The advance exam will be solely conducted by the IIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray