Advani, Antony most suitable choices for PM: Govindacharya
Bhopal: Former BJP ideologue Govindacharya has said that BJP leader L K Advani and Defence Minister and Congress leader A K Antony are suitable prime ministerial candidates while Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister.
Asked who would be the suitable prime ministerial candidates after the 2014 general elections, Govindacharya mentioned the names of Advani and Antony.
"L K Advani from NDA and Defence Minister A K Antony from UPA were the most suitable candidates for the post," he told reporters here last evening.
To a query, he said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would be an appropriate choice for heading the Youth and Sports Ministry, if the party-led coalition retained power at the Centre.
In case BJP-led NDA came to power, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister, he said.
The former BJP ideologue also said that Congress General Secretary and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh was a good and experienced politician.
Last week, Govindacharya had said that neither Rahul nor Modi were fit to become Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug