Advani, Antony most suitable choices for PM: Govindacharya
Bhopal: Former BJP ideologue Govindacharya has said that BJP leader L K Advani and Defence Minister and Congress leader A K Antony are suitable prime ministerial candidates while Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister.
Asked who would be the suitable prime ministerial candidates after the 2014 general elections, Govindacharya mentioned the names of Advani and Antony.
"L K Advani from NDA and Defence Minister A K Antony from UPA were the most suitable candidates for the post," he told reporters here last evening.
To a query, he said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would be an appropriate choice for heading the Youth and Sports Ministry, if the party-led coalition retained power at the Centre.
In case BJP-led NDA came to power, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister, he said.
The former BJP ideologue also said that Congress General Secretary and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh was a good and experienced politician.
Last week, Govindacharya had said that neither Rahul nor Modi were fit to become Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened