Advani, Antony most suitable choices for PM: Govindacharya
Bhopal: Former BJP ideologue Govindacharya has said that BJP leader L K Advani and Defence Minister and Congress leader A K Antony are suitable prime ministerial candidates while Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister.
Asked who would be the suitable prime ministerial candidates after the 2014 general elections, Govindacharya mentioned the names of Advani and Antony.
"L K Advani from NDA and Defence Minister A K Antony from UPA were the most suitable candidates for the post," he told reporters here last evening.
To a query, he said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would be an appropriate choice for heading the Youth and Sports Ministry, if the party-led coalition retained power at the Centre.
In case BJP-led NDA came to power, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister, he said.
The former BJP ideologue also said that Congress General Secretary and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh was a good and experienced politician.
Last week, Govindacharya had said that neither Rahul nor Modi were fit to become Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH