Advani, Antony most suitable choices for PM: Govindacharya
Bhopal: Former BJP ideologue Govindacharya has said that BJP leader L K Advani and Defence Minister and Congress leader A K Antony are suitable prime ministerial candidates while Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister.
Asked who would be the suitable prime ministerial candidates after the 2014 general elections, Govindacharya mentioned the names of Advani and Antony.
"L K Advani from NDA and Defence Minister A K Antony from UPA were the most suitable candidates for the post," he told reporters here last evening.
To a query, he said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would be an appropriate choice for heading the Youth and Sports Ministry, if the party-led coalition retained power at the Centre.
In case BJP-led NDA came to power, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be a good choice for Home Minister, he said.
The former BJP ideologue also said that Congress General Secretary and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh was a good and experienced politician.
Last week, Govindacharya had said that neither Rahul nor Modi were fit to become Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!