Advani atoning his sin of defending Modi post-riots: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to give a different twist to LK Advani`s resignation from key BJP posts by suggesting that he was atoning his "political sin" of defending Narendra Modi after the Gujarat riots in 2002.
Party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed also said that Advani was "deliberately humiliated" by the RSS by elevating Modi as he had opposed attempts to bring back Nitin Gadkari as BJP chief due to graft charges against him.
Ahmed also took a dig at the BJP over the manner in which Advani had to quit wondering as to what sort of Ram Rajya the saffron party wants to usher in where the father is being sent to `vanvaas` (exile).
Advani is always referred as a father-figure in the BJP as also `Bhishma Pitamah`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video