Advani atoning his sin of defending Modi post-riots: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to give a different twist to LK Advani`s resignation from key BJP posts by suggesting that he was atoning his "political sin" of defending Narendra Modi after the Gujarat riots in 2002.
Party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed also said that Advani was "deliberately humiliated" by the RSS by elevating Modi as he had opposed attempts to bring back Nitin Gadkari as BJP chief due to graft charges against him.
Ahmed also took a dig at the BJP over the manner in which Advani had to quit wondering as to what sort of Ram Rajya the saffron party wants to usher in where the father is being sent to `vanvaas` (exile).
Advani is always referred as a father-figure in the BJP as also `Bhishma Pitamah`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah