Advani atoning his sin of defending Modi post-riots: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to give a different twist to LK Advani`s resignation from key BJP posts by suggesting that he was atoning his "political sin" of defending Narendra Modi after the Gujarat riots in 2002.
Party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed also said that Advani was "deliberately humiliated" by the RSS by elevating Modi as he had opposed attempts to bring back Nitin Gadkari as BJP chief due to graft charges against him.
Ahmed also took a dig at the BJP over the manner in which Advani had to quit wondering as to what sort of Ram Rajya the saffron party wants to usher in where the father is being sent to `vanvaas` (exile).
Advani is always referred as a father-figure in the BJP as also `Bhishma Pitamah`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai