Advani blames Cong-NCP rule for backwardness in Maharashtra
Pune: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Wednesday
blamed the ten-year-long Congress-NCP rule in Maharashtra for
"backwardness" of the state on industrial and power fronts,
and appealed to people to support the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance
in the October 13 polls.
"Due to electricity shortage, industries in the state
have shifted outside, leading to unemployment", Advani alleged
addressing an election meeting at industrial township of
Pimpri-Chinchwad near here.
The electricity shortage also added to the woes of
farmers who experienced paucity of water for crops, driving
them to suicide, he said.
Advani said in contrast to Maharashtra, the BJP-ruled
states like Gujarat had no electricity shortage which
contributed to their development.
He alleged that despite assurances to bring down prices
of essential commodities, the government had failed to deliver
on the promise and sugar had become "bitter" for the people
with rising prices.
Advani said under the Congress-NCP rule, Maharashtra was
witnessing price rise, poverty, and intimidation as seen in
Bihar during the tenure of Lalu Prasad Yadav.
He said if the Shiv Sena-BJP alliance came to power, it
would work to provide basic infrastructural facilities
including power generation, to put Maharashtra back on the
path of progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'