Advani blames Modi’s hasty elevation for BJP-JD(U) rift
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani reportedly called party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday and blamed the decision of elevating Gujarat Chief Minister as the reason behind the split with JD(U).
Advani blamed the “hasty decision” of appointing Modi as the BJP poll panel chief, as per news reports.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
However, Advani later withdrew his resignation and accepted the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM