Advani blames Modi’s hasty elevation for BJP-JD(U) rift
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani reportedly called party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday and blamed the decision of elevating Gujarat Chief Minister as the reason behind the split with JD(U).
Advani blamed the “hasty decision” of appointing Modi as the BJP poll panel chief, as per news reports.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
However, Advani later withdrew his resignation and accepted the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16