Advani blames Modi’s hasty elevation for BJP-JD(U) rift
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani reportedly called party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday and blamed the decision of elevating Gujarat Chief Minister as the reason behind the split with JD(U).
Advani blamed the “hasty decision” of appointing Modi as the BJP poll panel chief, as per news reports.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
However, Advani later withdrew his resignation and accepted the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police