Advani blames Modi’s hasty elevation for BJP-JD(U) rift
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani reportedly called party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday and blamed the decision of elevating Gujarat Chief Minister as the reason behind the split with JD(U).
Advani blamed the “hasty decision” of appointing Modi as the BJP poll panel chief, as per news reports.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
However, Advani later withdrew his resignation and accepted the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?