Advani blames Modi’s hasty elevation for BJP-JD(U) rift
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani reportedly called party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday and blamed the decision of elevating Gujarat Chief Minister as the reason behind the split with JD(U).
Advani blamed the “hasty decision” of appointing Modi as the BJP poll panel chief, as per news reports.
After Modi`s anointment, Advani resigned from key BJP posts only to withdraw it following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s intervention.
However, Advani later withdrew his resignation and accepted the parliamentary board`s request to stay in the core party bodies.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday welcomed the party patriarch’s decision.
Expressing his views on social networking website Twitter, Modi said: “I had said yesterday that Advani ji will not disappoint lakhs of Karyakartas. Today, I wholeheartedly welcome his decision!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs