Advani criticises PM`s statement on RTI Act
Jabalpur: Observing that the RTI Act is an
effective device for making government transparent, BJP leader
LK Advani on Saturday criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s
statement favouring a "critical look" at the law and said his
party was opposed to any such move.
Advani said that only sometime back the government had
showered praise on the RTI Act, saying it had brought
"My party is opposed to any reviewing of the RTI Act
because I do believe that it is an effective device for making
government transparent," he told reporters here.
He said the Prime Minister had made his comments at a
time when nobody was complaining about the RTI Act.
Criticising the government, the BJP leader said he had
"never seen a government more corrupt and more dysfunctional
and paralysed than this government."
Advani also said that he "liked the fact that Anna Hazare
had contradicted Prashant Bhushan`s comments," on Kashmir.
However, the BJP leader said he had not mentioned it
earlier as he did not want anyone to interpret that he was
happy at any sign of dissension in Team Anna.
About allegations against his own partymen of
distributing money to reporters, Advani said once the
allegations were brought to his notice, "I immediately spoke to
the state president (and asked) what is this, a question has
been raised to me about corruption and action has been taken."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened