Advani demands immediate release of Kulkarni
Rajapalayam (TN): BJP leader LK Advani
on Friday demanded that his former aide Sudheendra Kulkarni,
arrested for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, be
released immediately as he was "only" a whistle-blower.
He alleged that the Manmohan Singh government had bribed
opposition MPs to vote in its favour in 2008 and had
approached three BJP MPs.
"However, the BJP MPs in consultation with the party got
the money, but put it before Parliament alleging the Congress
tried to bribe them", Advani said addressing a meeting here as
part of his yatra.
He said instead of protecting such whistle-blowers, they
were being jailed.
"They must be hailed, not jailed. I demand the immediate
release of my former colleague Kulkarni as he is a whistle
blower", Advani said.
The senior BJP leader, who had undertaken the present yatra
against black money and corruption, demanded that black money
stashed away by Indians in foreign banks be immediately
retrieved and invested in villages in the country.
He also demanded that the names of such persons be made
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere