Advani demands immediate release of Kulkarni
Rajapalayam (TN): BJP leader LK Advani
on Friday demanded that his former aide Sudheendra Kulkarni,
arrested for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, be
released immediately as he was "only" a whistle-blower.
He alleged that the Manmohan Singh government had bribed
opposition MPs to vote in its favour in 2008 and had
approached three BJP MPs.
"However, the BJP MPs in consultation with the party got
the money, but put it before Parliament alleging the Congress
tried to bribe them", Advani said addressing a meeting here as
part of his yatra.
He said instead of protecting such whistle-blowers, they
were being jailed.
"They must be hailed, not jailed. I demand the immediate
release of my former colleague Kulkarni as he is a whistle
blower", Advani said.
The senior BJP leader, who had undertaken the present yatra
against black money and corruption, demanded that black money
stashed away by Indians in foreign banks be immediately
retrieved and invested in villages in the country.
He also demanded that the names of such persons be made
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday