Advani demands immediate release of Kulkarni
Rajapalayam (TN): BJP leader LK Advani
on Friday demanded that his former aide Sudheendra Kulkarni,
arrested for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, be
released immediately as he was "only" a whistle-blower.
He alleged that the Manmohan Singh government had bribed
opposition MPs to vote in its favour in 2008 and had
approached three BJP MPs.
"However, the BJP MPs in consultation with the party got
the money, but put it before Parliament alleging the Congress
tried to bribe them", Advani said addressing a meeting here as
part of his yatra.
He said instead of protecting such whistle-blowers, they
were being jailed.
"They must be hailed, not jailed. I demand the immediate
release of my former colleague Kulkarni as he is a whistle
blower", Advani said.
The senior BJP leader, who had undertaken the present yatra
against black money and corruption, demanded that black money
stashed away by Indians in foreign banks be immediately
retrieved and invested in villages in the country.
He also demanded that the names of such persons be made
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state