Advani demands immediate release of Kulkarni
Rajapalayam (TN): BJP leader LK Advani
on Friday demanded that his former aide Sudheendra Kulkarni,
arrested for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, be
released immediately as he was "only" a whistle-blower.
He alleged that the Manmohan Singh government had bribed
opposition MPs to vote in its favour in 2008 and had
approached three BJP MPs.
"However, the BJP MPs in consultation with the party got
the money, but put it before Parliament alleging the Congress
tried to bribe them", Advani said addressing a meeting here as
part of his yatra.
He said instead of protecting such whistle-blowers, they
were being jailed.
"They must be hailed, not jailed. I demand the immediate
release of my former colleague Kulkarni as he is a whistle
blower", Advani said.
The senior BJP leader, who had undertaken the present yatra
against black money and corruption, demanded that black money
stashed away by Indians in foreign banks be immediately
retrieved and invested in villages in the country.
He also demanded that the names of such persons be made
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Ranbir Kapoor's rumoured girlfriend Bharti Malhotra has finally SPOKEN the truth—Details inside!
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside