Advani did not get his due: Digvijay
New Delhi: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi became the BJP`s campaign committee chief despite stiff resistance from LK Advani, a Congress leader said on Monday that the veteran did not get his due.
"The person who steered the BJP from only two seats in 1984 to 182 seats... if such a person demanded more discussion and other things, including the forming of two committees, instead of one, what is the harm, and what is the hurry," Congress leader Digvijay Singh asked, while speaking to reporters here.
Queried whether Modi, at the helm of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s campaign for the 2014 General Elections would pose a special challenge to the Congress, Digvijay Singh said: "He has never been a threat for the party (Congress). We don`t take him seriously."
"We fight elections on the basis of ideology, not personalities," Digvijay Singh quipped, when asked whether the Lok Sabha Elections would see a Rahul Gandhi-versus-Narendra Modi fight.
Despite dissent and serious differences within the BJP fold, Modi was on Sunday named leader of the BJP campaign for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Advani, who had been against Modi`s elevation, stayed away from the three-day conclave in Goa, citing poor health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof