Advani first injected communalism in Indian politics: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday showed "no sympathy" for a sulking LK Advani as Narendra Modi was declared BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate despite his opposition and said "Modi was the symptom of disease of communalism brought by Advani in national politics".
Congress general secretary in-charge for Haryana Shakeel Ahmed also said Modi will have no impact outside his state. He was asked about the Gujarat Chief Minister`s rally in Rewari, Haryana, tomorrow.
"Every political party is free to hold rallies anywhere. It will have no impact. He had addressed rallies earlier also. We had seen what impact it had in Karnataka," Ahmed said.
Asked about the elevation of Modi brushing aside Advani`s objections, Ahmed said "we have no sympathy of Advani. It was he who had first injected the poison of communalism in Indian politics. Modi is a strong symptom of the disease of communalism brought by Advani in national politics."
BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj, Ananth Kumar and Balbir Punj today met Advani a day after Modi chosen as the party`s PM candidate.
Irked over Modi being made the Prime Ministerial candidate, Advani had written a letter to BJP President Rajnath Singh expressing disappointment over his style of functioning.
Asked about Rajnath Singh`s role in the whole episode, Ahmed said the gameplan of the BJP President is something else.
He also tweeted "is Rajnathji, with the help of RSS, using Modiji to sideline Advaniji & Sushmaji for his own chance when Modiji will be rejected in 2014?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state