Advani, Gadkari not in BJP`s `jail bharo` list
New Delhi: Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Nitin Gadkari are conspicuous by their absence in the list of leaders who will participate in the party`s week-long, nationwide `jail bharo` agitation against the UPA government on corruption and price rise from May 27.
Sharing details of the agitation programme, BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said party leaders will court arrest across the country during the campaign against corruption, price rise and scams of the central government which have directly affected the common man.
When asked about Advani and other senior leaders not figuring in the list of those who will participate in the jail bharo agitation, Naqvi was evasive and said he is sharing the names of those who will be a part of the programme.
Party sources were not sure about the participation of these three leaders. There are murmurs about the timing of this agitation as the scorching summers are acting as a dampener for the party workers and supporters. Gadkari had fainted in one such agitation on April 21, 2010 in Delhi.
Speculation is rife that the agitation may only attract media attention and not encourage much participation from the people.
BJP president Rajnath Singh will lead the party in the `jail bharo` agitation in the national capital. He will be accompanied by party general secretary Ananth Kumar and Prakash Javadekar.
Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will participate in the agitation in Madhya Pradesh while her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley will court arrest in Chandigarh.
BJP general secretary Amit Shah will lead the party in Uttar Pradesh during the agitation and will court arrest in Rampur on May 29 along with Naqvi and state unit chief Laxmikant Bajpayee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble