Advani in Ayodhya, talks of Ram temple
Ayodhya: Raking up the Ayodhya issue, senior
BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday said the aim of his life would be
achieved the day a grand Ram temple was constructed in this
Addressing an election rally here, he reiterated his
determination to construct a magnificent Ram temple at
The then Rajiv Gandhi government should have taken an
initiative for construction of a Ram temple on the lines of
the one taken by the then Congress dispensation for Somnath
temple, the BJP veteran said.
"The `samadhan` (aim) of my public life will be achieved
the day a grand temple is constructed at the place where the
idol of Lord Ram is placed.
"I believe that all the Ram Bhakts want this day to come
soon. Our efforts will continue in this direction," Advani
Recalling the Allahabad High Court verdict on the issue,
he said all the three judges had accepted that the place where
the idol was placed is the birthplace of the Lord.
Hindus and Muslims leaders should sit together to work
out a formula for resolving the issue, Advani said.
He said after reading books "Somnath" and "Pilgrimage to
Freedom", he came to know that there were problems in the way
of construction of Somnath temple before the former Prime
Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
"I came to know that Pandit Nehru had headed the meeting
which decided to rebuild the Somnath temple and among others
present were Maulana Azad, Sardar Patel and K Munshi," Advani
Referring to his rath yatra for Ram temple, Advani said
he had learnt a lot from it.
"Advani has done nothing for Ayodhya but Ayodhya has
done a lot for me. It has taught me Rashtradharma. Rath yatra
is the best option to awaken the country on any issue," he
On black money stashed in foreign banks, Advani said the
picture of villages would change if the government and leaders
resolve neither to give or take bribe and decide to bring back
the black money.
"Nearly 25 lakh crores are in foreign banks and if the
money is brought back, it can change the picture of the entire
nation," he said.
Referring to the Army Chief age row and the 2G spectrum
issue, Advani "this is perhaps the only government (UPA) which
has to hear harsh words from the judiciary."
He said the scams had brought a bad name for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen