Advani is a natural leader of BJP: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Close on the heels of Nitish Kumar’s “secular PM” remarks,
Janata Dal (U) chief Sharad Yadav on Saturday made it clear that the NDA will take the final call on its Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 elections, after the BJP’s parliamentary body decides on the same.
The JD(U) chief was speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on her chat show Kahiye Janab.
Yadav said, “JD(U) has an alliance with the BJP on the basis of an national agenda and a common minimum programme. We do not agree with them on all issues and neither do they agree with us absolutely.”
While being asked on the intestine differences in BJP, he refused to comment stating, “It is unfair and immoral on the part of JD(U) to talk about the internal matters of BJP.”
On BJP veteran LK Advani, Yadav said, “Advani is the natural leader in the BJP. There is no leader of his stature in the saffron party”.
Answering a question whether a rosy picture of Bihar is being presented to the world, the JD(U) leader said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is putting best of his efforts to bring Bihar back on track.
On comparison between Bihar and Gujarat, Yadav said, “Gujarat has been ahead in terms of development ever since the British rule in India.”
On JD(U)’s move to back UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential race, the JD(U) leader said, “JD(U) feels Mukherjee is best fitted for the post of President of India.”
On corruption, Yadav said that the root cause of the problem is the caste system. “In my opinion the caste system should be thrown into the sea”, he said.
Yadav took a dig at Team Anna and Baba Ramdev by calling them “paper tiger”.
Yadav said he was the first person who held a press conference on the blackmoney issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon