Advani is a natural leader of BJP: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Close on the heels of Nitish Kumar’s “secular PM” remarks,
Janata Dal (U) chief Sharad Yadav on Saturday made it clear that the NDA will take the final call on its Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 elections, after the BJP’s parliamentary body decides on the same.
The JD(U) chief was speaking to Zeenews.com’s Swati Chaturvedi on her chat show Kahiye Janab.
Yadav said, “JD(U) has an alliance with the BJP on the basis of an national agenda and a common minimum programme. We do not agree with them on all issues and neither do they agree with us absolutely.”
While being asked on the intestine differences in BJP, he refused to comment stating, “It is unfair and immoral on the part of JD(U) to talk about the internal matters of BJP.”
On BJP veteran LK Advani, Yadav said, “Advani is the natural leader in the BJP. There is no leader of his stature in the saffron party”.
Answering a question whether a rosy picture of Bihar is being presented to the world, the JD(U) leader said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is putting best of his efforts to bring Bihar back on track.
On comparison between Bihar and Gujarat, Yadav said, “Gujarat has been ahead in terms of development ever since the British rule in India.”
On JD(U)’s move to back UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential race, the JD(U) leader said, “JD(U) feels Mukherjee is best fitted for the post of President of India.”
On corruption, Yadav said that the root cause of the problem is the caste system. “In my opinion the caste system should be thrown into the sea”, he said.
Yadav took a dig at Team Anna and Baba Ramdev by calling them “paper tiger”.
Yadav said he was the first person who held a press conference on the blackmoney issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users