Advani is BJP`s foremost ideologue, says Rajnath
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani, who recently found himself isolated in the party over Narendra Modi’s elevation, was today hailed by party President Rajnath Singh as the ‘foremost ideologue’.
Singh along with another party leader M Venkaiah Naidu showered praise on Advani at a function to observe 61st death anniversary of party founder Shyama Prasad Mookerjee here. Advani was the main speaker at the event.
“If there is any foremost ideologue of the party, it is Advaniji,” the BJP chief said while speaking about the patriarch’s association with Mookerjee.
Naidu, former BJP president, while speaking on the occasion, described Advani as the tallest leader of BJP.
The comments assume significance as Advani recently found himself isolated in the party after he opposed appointment of Modi as the Election Campaign Committee chief on June 9.
To register his protest, Advani resigned on June 10 from all the key party posts, despite which Rajnath Singh made it clear that there will be no going back on the decision to elevate Modi.
Advani, however, withdrew his resignation a day after putting in his papers after RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat intervened.
At the function, Advani became emotional and his eyes welled up with tears when he recounted Mookerjee’s arrest in Kashmir in 1953 and his subsequent death there.
Advani recalled that he came to know about Mookerjee’s death on hearing cries of a man well past midnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!