Advani issue: Narendra Modi meets RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat at the Sangh office here in Jhandelwalan and is learnt to have discussed LK Advani`s candidature from Gandhinagar among other issues during his two-hour meeting.
Sources said Modi headed straight to the RSS office after the BJP`s Central Election Committee meeting at the party headquarters, where Advani`s candidature was announced from Gandhinagar in Gujarat, despite the veteran leader`s reluctance.
Sources add that Modi also reportedly discussed the party`s strategy for the Lok Sabha polls.
While no RSS leader came on record to confirm what transpired between Modi and Bhagwat, sources said he discussed a host of issues including the need of fielding Advani from Gandhinagar despite his wish to shift to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh.
Sources said Bhagwat spoke to Advani but RSS and BJP leaders did not confirm the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'