‘Advani, Jaitley conspirators in cash-for-vote’
Patna: Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday
accused BJP senior leaders L K Advani and Arun Jaitley of
being conspirators in the cash-for-vote scam and their names
would definitely come out in the open.
Investigation into the case was on in right earnest and
Advani`s and Jaitley`s names would `come out in the case in
any stage`, Nirupam, AICC secretary, told reporters here.
``Whosoever he may be involved in the case would be
brought to justice,`` he said adding ``BJP has committed a sin
and it should accept it.``
BJP had alleged that Ahmed Patel, political advisor of
Congress president Sonia Gandhi was the mastermind of the
scam and Advani during his ongoing `Jan Chetna Yatra` had
raised the issue and described it as the `dirtiest scandal` of
In reply to a question on Congress` plan to make AICC
general secretary Rahul Gandhi its working president, he said
``Rahul is ready to take up the responsibility ... He has
emerged as a vital and powerful centre of attraction in
politics and among the people.
``Party workers will lend full support,`` he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog