Advani lacks courage to seek votes on Hindutva: VHP
Coimbatore: Senior VHP leader Ashok Singhal on Wednesday disagreed with BJP leader L K Advani over his remarks on the feasibility of a non-Congress and non-NDA leader becoming the Prime Minister after 2014 elections and alleged that he lacked the courage to seek votes on Hindutva.
"I don`t agree at all with Advaniji. My personal opinion is that a person who will believe in Hindutva would be the Prime Minister after 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Singhal told reporters here.
Advani may not have the courage, the BJP has the courage (to) come out in open, he said.
When asked about the situation in Assam, Singhal blamed the government for escalating the violence and alleged it was supporting the Muslims against the interests of Bodos.
Hindus are suffering in Kashmir because of Pakistan and in Assam because of Bangladeshis, he asserted.
To a question on the pet subject of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, he said the saints would decide the future course of action during Kumbhmela in Prayag in January.
However, he asked the Muslim community to withdraw the cases and facilitate to construct a temple there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan