Advani lacks courage to seek votes on Hindutva: VHP
Coimbatore: Senior VHP leader Ashok Singhal on Wednesday disagreed with BJP leader L K Advani over his remarks on the feasibility of a non-Congress and non-NDA leader becoming the Prime Minister after 2014 elections and alleged that he lacked the courage to seek votes on Hindutva.
"I don`t agree at all with Advaniji. My personal opinion is that a person who will believe in Hindutva would be the Prime Minister after 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Singhal told reporters here.
Advani may not have the courage, the BJP has the courage (to) come out in open, he said.
When asked about the situation in Assam, Singhal blamed the government for escalating the violence and alleged it was supporting the Muslims against the interests of Bodos.
Hindus are suffering in Kashmir because of Pakistan and in Assam because of Bangladeshis, he asserted.
To a question on the pet subject of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, he said the saints would decide the future course of action during Kumbhmela in Prayag in January.
However, he asked the Muslim community to withdraw the cases and facilitate to construct a temple there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice