Advani meets Amit Shah in Sabarmati jail
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Saturday met former Gujarat minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, in Sabarmati jail.
Advani, along with state BJP in-charge Balbir Punj, went to Sabarmati jail and met Shah.
The two leaders later went to Shah`s residence in Naranpura area to meet his family members.
"The Centre is using CBI as a tool to defame our government which is absolutely incorrect. People will give them a reply. The result of yesterday’s bye-election is not ordinary," Advani said after meeting Shah`s family members. He was referring to BJP`s victory in Kathlal Assembly constituency considered to be a Congress stronghold.
Advani`s visit assumes significance as it indicates that the BJP is firmly backing Shah, though he has been arrested by CBI.
The BJP has throughout maintained that Shah is innocent and has been implicated in the fake encounter case of 2005. Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, has been described by the CBI as the "kingpin" of the entire conspiracy leading to the encounter of Sohrabuddin, killing of his wife Kausarbi and also Tulsi Prajapati, a key
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention