Advani meets Amit Shah in Sabarmati jail
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Saturday met former Gujarat minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, in Sabarmati jail.
Advani, along with state BJP in-charge Balbir Punj, went to Sabarmati jail and met Shah.
The two leaders later went to Shah`s residence in Naranpura area to meet his family members.
"The Centre is using CBI as a tool to defame our government which is absolutely incorrect. People will give them a reply. The result of yesterday’s bye-election is not ordinary," Advani said after meeting Shah`s family members. He was referring to BJP`s victory in Kathlal Assembly constituency considered to be a Congress stronghold.
Advani`s visit assumes significance as it indicates that the BJP is firmly backing Shah, though he has been arrested by CBI.
The BJP has throughout maintained that Shah is innocent and has been implicated in the fake encounter case of 2005. Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, has been described by the CBI as the "kingpin" of the entire conspiracy leading to the encounter of Sohrabuddin, killing of his wife Kausarbi and also Tulsi Prajapati, a key
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai