Advani meets Amit Shah in Sabarmati jail
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Saturday met former Gujarat minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, in Sabarmati jail.
Advani, along with state BJP in-charge Balbir Punj, went to Sabarmati jail and met Shah.
The two leaders later went to Shah`s residence in Naranpura area to meet his family members.
"The Centre is using CBI as a tool to defame our government which is absolutely incorrect. People will give them a reply. The result of yesterday’s bye-election is not ordinary," Advani said after meeting Shah`s family members. He was referring to BJP`s victory in Kathlal Assembly constituency considered to be a Congress stronghold.
Advani`s visit assumes significance as it indicates that the BJP is firmly backing Shah, though he has been arrested by CBI.
The BJP has throughout maintained that Shah is innocent and has been implicated in the fake encounter case of 2005. Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, has been described by the CBI as the "kingpin" of the entire conspiracy leading to the encounter of Sohrabuddin, killing of his wife Kausarbi and also Tulsi Prajapati, a key
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living