Advani moves adjournment motion on black money
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani moved an adjournment motion on black money issue in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
BJP has been pressing for the motion since the Winter Session of Parliament began over two weeks ago in the backdrop of LK Advani`s yatra against black money and corruption.
However, the motion came up with a milder wording. Following an agreement between the BJP and the government sometime ago, Advani instead of pressing for a discussion on “government failure” on the issue, said that he wants the government to elucidate on the steps being taken by the government on the issue.
Importantly, the motion will be without the sense of government censure and that voting is likely on a neutral motion.
Leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had said some time ago that with the desire to enable the functioning of Parliament her party had agreed to the changed wording of the adjournment motion on black money.
BJP has made black money a major issue since the last Lok Sabha elections. It is pressing the issue since the French government reportedly gave the names of 700 Indians holding Swiss bank accounts and wants the government to make those names public.
BJP MPs have also given declarations to the presiding officers that they do not have any illegal money stashed abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city