Advani moves adjournment motion on black money
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani moved an adjournment motion on black money issue in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
BJP has been pressing for the motion since the Winter Session of Parliament began over two weeks ago in the backdrop of LK Advani`s yatra against black money and corruption.
However, the motion came up with a milder wording. Following an agreement between the BJP and the government sometime ago, Advani instead of pressing for a discussion on “government failure” on the issue, said that he wants the government to elucidate on the steps being taken by the government on the issue.
Importantly, the motion will be without the sense of government censure and that voting is likely on a neutral motion.
Leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had said some time ago that with the desire to enable the functioning of Parliament her party had agreed to the changed wording of the adjournment motion on black money.
BJP has made black money a major issue since the last Lok Sabha elections. It is pressing the issue since the French government reportedly gave the names of 700 Indians holding Swiss bank accounts and wants the government to make those names public.
BJP MPs have also given declarations to the presiding officers that they do not have any illegal money stashed abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal