Advani, Rajnath to decide on role in BJP: RSS chief
Haridwar: Virtually giving credence to reports that top BJP leaders LK Advani and Rajnath Singh may have to give up their posts, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday said they will decide on their role within the party.
"Rajnathji, Advaniji and others will decide on their
role (in the party). Everything will be fine in the BJP in
future," he told reporters here.
"There are people with moral standing like Advani and
under their guidance, they will solve all problems. We have
nothing to do with this. What we had to say we have said," he
While the BJP had said yesterday that Rajnath Singh
will not get an extension as party president beyond his three-year term that ends in December, there were reports that
Advani may step down as Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha but
the timing for it has been left to him.
Bhagwat arrived here after wrapping up discussions
with the party top brass on its future course. He had a
breakfast meeting with Advani yesterday and had discussions
with other senior leaders.
The RSS yesterday obtained a commitment from BJP`s
warring leaders that they will stop their infighting after it
made a major intervention to get BJP to put its house in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players