Advani renews Ram temple pledge on rath yatra`s 20th anniversary
Somnath: Despite the Ram Mandir issue failing to cut much ice with voters, senior BJP Leader L K Advani today reaffirmed his commitment
to building the temple at Ayodhya.
"Today, I have come to Somnath to offer my prayers on the 20th anniversary of my rath yatra. Ram temple should be and will be built at Ayodhya," Advani said after offering prayers.
It was from Somnath on September 25, 1990, that he had launched his Ram rath yatra, which, though ending abruptly with his arrest in Bihar, had put the BJP firmly on the road to power.
"I visit Somnath every year this day and will continue to do so till Ram temple comes up at Ayodhya," Advani, who was accompanied by his daughter Pratibha, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics