Advani says he will take yatra to Bangalore
Raipur: Contrary to speculation that he was cancelling his yatra to Bangalore in the wake of the arrest of BS Yeddyurappa, BJP leader LK Advani on Sunday said his visit to the city is on schedule.
"I have no information about my yatra in Bangalore getting cancelled," Advani said when asked if his plans in Karnataka had changed following the arrest of former BJP Chief
"I will go to Karnataka and also go to Bangalore," Advani said.
To another question on Yedduurappa, Advani said that he did not want to make further comments on Yedduyurapa except what he had said earlier in Nagpur.
Party sources had yesterday said the October 30 public rally of LK Advani in Bangalore as part of his yatra against corruption has been cancelled.
However, the sources had said that Advani would visit coastal parts of the state like Mangalore, Udupi and Honnavara on October 31.
The sources had said that BJP decided against holding public meeting in Bangalore apparently in the light of recent developments that have embarrassed the party with former chief minister Yeddyurappa and another former minister SN Krishnaiah Setty sent to jail in cases relating to alleged land scams.
A Lokayukta Court on Thursday directed the Lokayukta police to investigate a private complaint filed against Home Minister R Ashoka, regarding alleged denotification of land in
violation of rules.
To a question related to formation of new states, Advani said the BJP was in favour of the formation of Telangana even at the time it was in power.
"If our coalition partner at that time had been in favour of Telangana, the state would have been formed at that time itself," Advani said referring to TDP which was BJP`s ally in
the NDA government and added, "Three states had been created, a fourth one would have been created as well".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India