Advani slams Nehru`s foreign policy on China, Pak
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of BJP opposing resumption of dialogue with Pakistan, senior party leader L K Advani on Monday said terrorism and Kashmir are "festering sores to this day" due to "mishandling" of Pakistan by Jawaharlal Nehru.
"His (Nehru`s) mishandling of Pakistan has left terrorism and Kashmir as two festering sores for our body politic right up to this day," Advani wrote in his blog.
His comments come a day after the BJP asked the government not to go ahead with the Foreign Secretary-level talks slated to be held here on February 25, saying "terror and talks" cannot go together and "not talking" is also a diplomatic option.
Advani quotes extensively from a recent work of renowned editor Fareed Zakaria in his blog to accuse Nehru of having pursued a weak foreign policy towards Pakistan and China, in whose favour he refused a permanent seat in the UN Security Council for India.
"There can hardly be a more glaring instance of Nehruji`s unconcern for India`s own strategic interests than his refusal to accept a US offer in 1952 of a permanent seat in the UN Security Council. He insisted that the seat be given to China," Advani said.
"Sadly, the shock that Nehru suffered when confronted by China`s gross betrayal in 1962 virtually cost him his life," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’