Advani slams Omar, says BJP always opposed special status to J&K
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah slamming him on the issue of revocation of special status to the state, senior BJP leader LK Advani Friday advised him not to use words like cheating and deceiving and clarified that his party has always been opposed to Article 370.
In his latest blog posting, Advani said even the Congress party- other than Jawaharlal Nehru and a few other leaders- were strongly opposed to giving a special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Advani quotes from a biography of Sardar Patel to argue that even he was against Article 370 but kept his views in the background out of his regard for Nehru.
"Omar Abdullah, Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir state, has every right to disagree with the BJP on matters relating to J&K.
"But I would advise him never to use offensive language and words like `cheating and deceiving` in that context`,? Advani said on his blog.
Advani had recently said Article 370 should be revoked.
Abdullah had responded to this without naming Advani and slammed him for raising the "false boggy of revocation" of the provision.
Holding that it is "highly improper" for anyone to use offensive words like "cheating" in the context of BJP`s stand on J-K, Advani said his party has "not only been unequivocal, forthright and consistent from the time Jana Sangh (BJP`s predecessor) was born in 1951 till today, but it is an issue for which the Party`s Founder President laid down his own life?.`
Shyama Prasad Mookerjee, who founded the Jana Sangh was arrested in Jammu and Kashmir in 1952 when he tried to enter the state without a permit which was required then to go to there.
He died- allegedly under mysterious circumstances- during his incarceration.
"Since our very first all India session at Kanpur, we have been championing complete integration of J&K State with India,? Advani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India