Advani slams PMO`s attempts to hush foreign scribe
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani Monday attacked the Prime Minister`s Office for what he called attempts to "crush" a foreign correspondent for criticising Manmohan Singh in an article.
The BJP leader`s main target was the prime minister`s communications adviser Pankaj Pachauri, formerly a journalist with a leading Indian television channel.
In a blog post Monday, Advani wrote that "stupidity" was a great crime in public life. He held that the episode involving the PMO and Washington Post correspondent Simon Denyer was "a high point of disservice", coming from a man hired to serve the Prime Minister.
Joining ranks with other commentators who saw the PMO`s attempts to respond to the scathing criticism in the article a storm in a tea cup, Advani held that if the Washington Post instance was indeed an attempt to send "a stern signal" to Indian reporters, it had backfired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border