Advani slams PMO`s attempts to hush foreign scribe
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani Monday attacked the Prime Minister`s Office for what he called attempts to "crush" a foreign correspondent for criticising Manmohan Singh in an article.
The BJP leader`s main target was the prime minister`s communications adviser Pankaj Pachauri, formerly a journalist with a leading Indian television channel.
In a blog post Monday, Advani wrote that "stupidity" was a great crime in public life. He held that the episode involving the PMO and Washington Post correspondent Simon Denyer was "a high point of disservice", coming from a man hired to serve the Prime Minister.
Joining ranks with other commentators who saw the PMO`s attempts to respond to the scathing criticism in the article a storm in a tea cup, Advani held that if the Washington Post instance was indeed an attempt to send "a stern signal" to Indian reporters, it had backfired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch