Advani slams PMO`s attempts to hush foreign scribe
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani Monday attacked the Prime Minister`s Office for what he called attempts to "crush" a foreign correspondent for criticising Manmohan Singh in an article.
The BJP leader`s main target was the prime minister`s communications adviser Pankaj Pachauri, formerly a journalist with a leading Indian television channel.
In a blog post Monday, Advani wrote that "stupidity" was a great crime in public life. He held that the episode involving the PMO and Washington Post correspondent Simon Denyer was "a high point of disservice", coming from a man hired to serve the Prime Minister.
Joining ranks with other commentators who saw the PMO`s attempts to respond to the scathing criticism in the article a storm in a tea cup, Advani held that if the Washington Post instance was indeed an attempt to send "a stern signal" to Indian reporters, it had backfired.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how