Advani still in fray for PM’s post?
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday
appeared to be keeping open the issue of being his party`s
Prime Ministerial candidate in the next elections.
"I can only say it is for the party to decide. I don`t
decide," he said in reply to a question whether he still
aspires to be Prime Minister and was asked to give one reason
why he should not be the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
"If I don`t want to be, I can be. Thats a good reason,"
he said during the question-answer session at the Hindustan
Times Leadership Summit here.
When pressed further if the party decides on him as the
PM candidate and would he accept it, the 84-year-old leader
said, "It all depends on my inclination and my health at that
point of time."
Earlier in his speech he said his recent yatra, the Jan
Chetna Yatra was not aimed at repackaging himself.
"I don`t understand why I should repackage myself. I am
what I am. I think as people know me I don`t see any necessity
for repackaging myself," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert