Advani turns emotional at Udupi
Udupi: BJP leader L K Advani on Monday turned emotional while Vande Mataram was being sung at a
public rally in Udupi as part of his yatra and complimented
the artistes with moist eyes.
During the rendition of the national song, the 83-year-old
was seen wiping his tears. He asked for the singer Ravindra
Prabhu, who alongwith a local orchestra team prsented the
song, and blessed the group.
Addressing the rally, Advani reminded them that Udupi had
a special significance in the history of the Bharatiya
Jan Sangh, after which the Bharatiya Janata Party was formed.
He said the Municipal Corporation of Udupi was first won
by the Jan Sangh in 1968, which heralded its growth in
Southern India, and "it continues to carry on this hold till
Advani also said that had learnt signing his name in
Kannada while in jail in Bangalore during the Emergency days.
Advani said he was jailed for 19 months during Eemergency.
The Udupi Parliamentary constituency is currently
represented by Karnataka chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda,
who replaced chief minister Y S Yeddyurappa following
his indictment by Lokayukta . He is since lodged in jail after
registration of a case against him.
After the public meeting at Udupi, Advani also paid
obeisance at the Udupi Sri Krishna Matha, a famous Hindu
temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. The Matha area resembles a
Surrounding the Sri Krishna Matha are several temples, the
most ancient being made of basic wood and stone of 1,500
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP