Advani yatra: One more detained in bomb planting
Madurai: Police on Wednesday detained one more person
and formed 10 probe teams in connection with the planting of a
powerful pipe bomb on the yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani
on October 27 and said initial probe suggested that anger
against Hindutva forces was the motive behind it.
The two persons arrested yesterday were produced before a
local court here, which remanded them in 15 days judicial
Initial investigation revealed that anger against
`Hindutva forces` was the motive for them to plant the bomb,
Special Investigation Team sources said, adding "We don`t know
exactly which group is involved."
Police claimed that they have "definite clues" and the
teams have been formed to probe all possible links, but added
that more arrests have to be made to establish any strong
They were also on the lookout for `Police` Fakruddin and
had detained one Usman Ali today in connection with the
Police said Fakruddin had close links with slain Al-Umma
terrorist Imam Ali, who was killed in an encounter at
Bangalore in 2002.
To a question, they said fundamentalists from a
neigbhouring state, which had links with international
extremists could be behind planting of the bombs.
The pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge and
defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km from
here, on the route of Advani`s yatra. Subsequently, the BJP
leader route`s was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you