Advani yatra: One more detained in bomb planting
Madurai: Police on Wednesday detained one more person
and formed 10 probe teams in connection with the planting of a
powerful pipe bomb on the yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani
on October 27 and said initial probe suggested that anger
against Hindutva forces was the motive behind it.
The two persons arrested yesterday were produced before a
local court here, which remanded them in 15 days judicial
Initial investigation revealed that anger against
`Hindutva forces` was the motive for them to plant the bomb,
Special Investigation Team sources said, adding "We don`t know
exactly which group is involved."
Police claimed that they have "definite clues" and the
teams have been formed to probe all possible links, but added
that more arrests have to be made to establish any strong
They were also on the lookout for `Police` Fakruddin and
had detained one Usman Ali today in connection with the
Police said Fakruddin had close links with slain Al-Umma
terrorist Imam Ali, who was killed in an encounter at
Bangalore in 2002.
To a question, they said fundamentalists from a
neigbhouring state, which had links with international
extremists could be behind planting of the bombs.
The pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge and
defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km from
here, on the route of Advani`s yatra. Subsequently, the BJP
leader route`s was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites