Advaniji has failed to gauge public mood: Sushil Kumar Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
Patna: The voices inside Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) camp that criticised Lal Krishna Advani’s opposition of Gujarat Chief Minister and party’s poll chief, Narendra Modi’s anointment as party’s prime ministerial face are now getting louder than ever.
Chief of BJP’s Bihar wing and ex deputy chief minister, Sushil Kumar Modi, launched a seething attack on Advani and criticised him on Twitter on Wednesday.
Launching a tirade against the 85-year-old party doyen, tweeted: “Adavaniji has failed to gauge the public mood. Advaniji himself declared Atalji as Pm candidate now also he could have done the same for Namo (sic).”
In a veiled attack, he further added that the dream of a ministerial berth had kept "a dead politician" going.
“Politics is the only profession in which people aspire till their last. Ministerial berth can resurrect a dead politician? (sic),” Modi wrote on the microblogging site.
Earlier, understanding that the main stumbling block is Advani’s opposition, the party top brass in a final bid to ensure unanimity had sent former party president Nitin Gadkari to meet Advani yesterday evening. Gadkari flew to Nagpur after the meeting – he may have had appraised the RSS leadership on the outcome of his talks with Advani.
Gadkari did not meet Joshi and Swaraj though the possibility of him having reached out to them on the phone has not been ruled out.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat had held a dinner meeting with Advani and Swaraj last week to discuss this issue. Earlier, RSS General Secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi had also met Advani and Swaraj separately to convince them.
Senior Ravi Shankar Prasad summed it up when he said, “Advani is our tallest leader...allow the BJP parliamentary board to take a decision (on Modi as PM candidate)”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25