Advani’s bombshell: ‘Non-Cong, non-BJP PM feasible in 2014’
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani hurled a political bombshell on Sunday by writing in his blog that a non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister heading a government supported by one of these two principal parties can’t be ruled out in 2014 elections.
"A non-Congress, non-BJP Prime Minister heading a government supported by one of these two principal parties is, however, feasible. This has happened in the past also", Advani wrote in his latest blog post.
He, however, cautioned that this may not be a very stable dispensation.
The BJP leader cited the examples of Charan Singh, Chandrashekhar, Deve Gowda and I K Gujral (all supported by Congress) as well as V P Singh (supported by BJP) to bring home his point.
Advani said there has been stability at the Centre only when the government has had either a Congress or a BJP Prime Minister.
Ruling out the possibility of a third front government in 2014, Advani said, “The shape which national polity has acquired in the past two and a half decades makes it practically impossible for any government to be formed in New Delhi which does not have the support either of the Congress or of the BJP.”
Advani quoted his recent interaction with two Union Ministers who expressed the apprehension that neither the Congress nor the BJP-led coalitions may get a clear majority in the next Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP veteran, however, termed the Congress-led UPA as “badly mismanaged”.
“Unfortunately, the two Governments since 2004, UPA-I and UPA- II have both been so badly mismanaged that the current state of anxiety in the ruling establishment is quite understandable”, he wrote.
The BJP patriarch said that the principal beneficiary of the Congress Party’s “fast eroding reputation” continues to be the BJP.
Predicting a huge loss for the Congress in the next general elections he said, its score will sink to “double digits”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city