Advani`s followers may also quit, says MG Vaidya
Nagpur: Terming senior BJP leader LK Advani`s decision to quit all party posts as "shocking", veteran RSS leader MG Vaidya on Monday said some other resignations may follow.
"It`s shocking that a leader of such a great stature has to quit. It is now evident that all is not well in BJP. Advani was probably perturbed over the inner crisis in BJP and therefore quit all positions," Vaidya, a former RSS spokesperson, told reporters here.
"Some other leaders and Advani`s followers too may tender resignations," he added.
RSS would not directly intervene in the ongoing crisis unless asked by BJP, Vaidya said.
He also said that earlier leaders such as Kalyan Singh and Uma Bharti had quit the party but Advani`s case was different.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'