Advani`s followers may also quit, says MG Vaidya
Nagpur: Terming senior BJP leader LK Advani`s decision to quit all party posts as "shocking", veteran RSS leader MG Vaidya on Monday said some other resignations may follow.
"It`s shocking that a leader of such a great stature has to quit. It is now evident that all is not well in BJP. Advani was probably perturbed over the inner crisis in BJP and therefore quit all positions," Vaidya, a former RSS spokesperson, told reporters here.
"Some other leaders and Advani`s followers too may tender resignations," he added.
RSS would not directly intervene in the ongoing crisis unless asked by BJP, Vaidya said.
He also said that earlier leaders such as Kalyan Singh and Uma Bharti had quit the party but Advani`s case was different.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH