Advani`s followers may also quit, says MG Vaidya
Nagpur: Terming senior BJP leader LK Advani`s decision to quit all party posts as "shocking", veteran RSS leader MG Vaidya on Monday said some other resignations may follow.
"It`s shocking that a leader of such a great stature has to quit. It is now evident that all is not well in BJP. Advani was probably perturbed over the inner crisis in BJP and therefore quit all positions," Vaidya, a former RSS spokesperson, told reporters here.
"Some other leaders and Advani`s followers too may tender resignations," he added.
RSS would not directly intervene in the ongoing crisis unless asked by BJP, Vaidya said.
He also said that earlier leaders such as Kalyan Singh and Uma Bharti had quit the party but Advani`s case was different.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?