‘Advani`s remarks on graft shows BJP`s hypocrisy’
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hit out at L K
Advani for his remarks that his party will not make any
compromise with corruption reminding him that half a dozen
ministers in BJP-ruled Karnataka are facing graft charges and
a former Chief Minister has sought bail in one such case.
"Advani is pointing out corruption in UPA but forgetting
what happened in his party`s backyard in Karanataka. Never
before in Parliamentary history, half a dozen incumbent
government ministers faced graft charges and a former Chief
Minister had to go to jail in corruption case," AICC general
secretary B K Hariprasad told reporters here.
Terming Advani`s call against corruption as "hypocrisy
and doublespeak of BJP", Hariprasad said, "When such is the
history of BJP, Advani has no moral right to speak on the
issue of corruption."
He said the senior BJP leader on the one hand talks of
clean politics while on the other hand, "Advani`s competitor
Narendra Modi obstructs the appointment of a Lokayukta in
He alleged that BJP leader Anant Kumar, who is guiding
the Yatra in Karnataka, is himself involved in HUDCO land
With land and mining scams dogging the BJP government in
Karnataka, BJP leader L K Advani yesterday said in Bangalore
that his party would not make any compromise with corruption
in the states ruled by it.
"Good governance cannot co-exist with corruption...I am
not saying this only to the Congress. I am telling this to me
(my party) also. If there is corruption in us (party-ruled
governments), we will not compromise," he said during his
45-minute address there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read