Advani`s resignation is an internal matter of BJP, says SAD
Chandigarh: A day after terming Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP as a "master stroke", Shiromani Akali Dal supremo Parkash Singh Badal on Monday gave a guarded reaction to the resignation of LK Advani from all top BJP posts, saying it was an internal matter of its ally.
"It is an internal matter of the BJP," the Akali veteran said.
In the context of Advani`s resignation, Badal also said that whatever BJP decides is their internal matter.
He, however, quickly added that SAD is "an inseparable ally of the NDA".
Yesterday, the Punjab Chief Minister had described Modi`s appointment as chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee as a "master-stroke" and a knockout punch against a "staggering" UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015