Advani`s resignation is an internal matter of BJP, says SAD
Chandigarh: A day after terming Narendra Modi`s elevation in BJP as a "master stroke", Shiromani Akali Dal supremo Parkash Singh Badal on Monday gave a guarded reaction to the resignation of LK Advani from all top BJP posts, saying it was an internal matter of its ally.
"It is an internal matter of the BJP," the Akali veteran said.
In the context of Advani`s resignation, Badal also said that whatever BJP decides is their internal matter.
He, however, quickly added that SAD is "an inseparable ally of the NDA".
Yesterday, the Punjab Chief Minister had described Modi`s appointment as chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee as a "master-stroke" and a knockout punch against a "staggering" UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH