Advani`s resignation over Modi elevation shocking: RSS
Nagpur: RSS on Monday described as shocking and unfortunate BJP patriarch L K Advani`s resignation from all party posts over Narendra Modi`s elevation as its campaign committee chief, noting all is not well in the saffron party.
M G Vaidya, a veteran leader of BJP`s ideological fountainhead, while reacting to Advani`s stunning decision, a day after the anointment of the Gujarat Chief Minister, said some resignations of his followers may follow.
He also said RSS would not directly intervene in the crisis in the party unless asked by it. "It`s shocking that leader of such a great stature has to quit. It is now evident that all is not well in the BJP. Advani was probably perturbed over the inner crisis in the BJP and therefore quit all positions," Vaidya, a former RSS spokesperson, said.
Noting that Advani resigned only after the declaration of Modi as campaign committee chairman, Vaidya said the common man will correlate them.
"Some other leaders and Advani`s followers too may tender resignations," he added. He also said that earlier leaders such as Kalyan Singh and Uma Bharti had quit the party, but Advani`s case was different.
Another RSS leader Ram Madhav said Advani`s resignation is unfortunate. "Hope the Party leaders would persuade him to take it back," he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested