Advertisement issue: Cong dismisses it as mistake
New Delhi: Congress Saturday day dismissed as
mistake the goof up in a Railways advertisement showing Delhi
in Pakistan and Kolkata in Bay of Bengal.
"It seems to be a mistake on the part of the Railways.
However, it is a serious issue and one should take note of it
and ensure that no such incident occurs again," party
spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Asked about BJP`s criticism of the government on the
issue, he said "nobody should try to take political mileage
out of an administrative mistake".
The advertisement in newspapers by the Eastern Railway
showed Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.
The advertisement was to announce inauguration of luxury
tourist train `Maharaja`s Express` by Railway Minister Mamata
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof