Advertisement issue: Cong dismisses it as mistake
New Delhi: Congress Saturday day dismissed as
mistake the goof up in a Railways advertisement showing Delhi
in Pakistan and Kolkata in Bay of Bengal.
"It seems to be a mistake on the part of the Railways.
However, it is a serious issue and one should take note of it
and ensure that no such incident occurs again," party
spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Asked about BJP`s criticism of the government on the
issue, he said "nobody should try to take political mileage
out of an administrative mistake".
The advertisement in newspapers by the Eastern Railway
showed Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.
The advertisement was to announce inauguration of luxury
tourist train `Maharaja`s Express` by Railway Minister Mamata
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing