Advertisement issue: Cong dismisses it as mistake
New Delhi: Congress Saturday day dismissed as
mistake the goof up in a Railways advertisement showing Delhi
in Pakistan and Kolkata in Bay of Bengal.
"It seems to be a mistake on the part of the Railways.
However, it is a serious issue and one should take note of it
and ensure that no such incident occurs again," party
spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Asked about BJP`s criticism of the government on the
issue, he said "nobody should try to take political mileage
out of an administrative mistake".
The advertisement in newspapers by the Eastern Railway
showed Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.
The advertisement was to announce inauguration of luxury
tourist train `Maharaja`s Express` by Railway Minister Mamata
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing