Advertisement issue: Cong dismisses it as mistake
New Delhi: Congress Saturday day dismissed as
mistake the goof up in a Railways advertisement showing Delhi
in Pakistan and Kolkata in Bay of Bengal.
"It seems to be a mistake on the part of the Railways.
However, it is a serious issue and one should take note of it
and ensure that no such incident occurs again," party
spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Asked about BJP`s criticism of the government on the
issue, he said "nobody should try to take political mileage
out of an administrative mistake".
The advertisement in newspapers by the Eastern Railway
showed Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.
The advertisement was to announce inauguration of luxury
tourist train `Maharaja`s Express` by Railway Minister Mamata
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off