Advertisement issue: Cong dismisses it as mistake
New Delhi: Congress Saturday day dismissed as
mistake the goof up in a Railways advertisement showing Delhi
in Pakistan and Kolkata in Bay of Bengal.
"It seems to be a mistake on the part of the Railways.
However, it is a serious issue and one should take note of it
and ensure that no such incident occurs again," party
spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Asked about BJP`s criticism of the government on the
issue, he said "nobody should try to take political mileage
out of an administrative mistake".
The advertisement in newspapers by the Eastern Railway
showed Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.
The advertisement was to announce inauguration of luxury
tourist train `Maharaja`s Express` by Railway Minister Mamata
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug