Advocate responds to Tytler`s claim, says ready for lie detection
New Delhi: A lawyer, representing the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims, on Friday said he was ready to take a lie detector test after Jagdish Tytler threw a challenge following a court order reopening a case against him for his alleged involvement.
"Tytler has stated in media that he is prepared to go through a lie detector test if I also agree to go through the same. I am prepared to take the lie detector test or any other test Tytler wants. I have nothing to hide.
"Tytler should answer questions on entire gamut of November 1984 riots in this lie detector test. I welcome this and will happily go through it," senior advocate H S Phoolka said.
Responding to Tytler`s statement, the lawyer said he has "nothing to hide" and it is the Congress leader who needed to answer questions on the riots in the national capital following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
Tytler had yesterday claimed that witnesses have changed their statements number of times and he was ready to undergo a lie detector test provided Phoolka and these witnesses were also put on a similar test.
The leader had also offered to quit politics if charges against him are proved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate