Advocate responds to Tytler`s claim, says ready for lie detection
New Delhi: A lawyer, representing the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims, on Friday said he was ready to take a lie detector test after Jagdish Tytler threw a challenge following a court order reopening a case against him for his alleged involvement.
"Tytler has stated in media that he is prepared to go through a lie detector test if I also agree to go through the same. I am prepared to take the lie detector test or any other test Tytler wants. I have nothing to hide.
"Tytler should answer questions on entire gamut of November 1984 riots in this lie detector test. I welcome this and will happily go through it," senior advocate H S Phoolka said.
Responding to Tytler`s statement, the lawyer said he has "nothing to hide" and it is the Congress leader who needed to answer questions on the riots in the national capital following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
Tytler had yesterday claimed that witnesses have changed their statements number of times and he was ready to undergo a lie detector test provided Phoolka and these witnesses were also put on a similar test.
The leader had also offered to quit politics if charges against him are proved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!