Aerostat leaves spectators at JNS spellbound
New Delhi: The clock chimed seven, and the
refurbished Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, packed to the rafters,
clapped and cheered in ecstasy as the Rs 44 curare apostate
lifted into the air leaving some 50,000 present spellbound.
Sounds of naiad`s reverberated across the magnificent
stadium and fireworks show lit up the sky as the biggest
helium balloon in the world transformed itself into a gigantic
screen, set 25 metres above the ground.
Drummers came alive on the 350 degree projection surface
of the aerostat amid loud cheers. Adding to the entire scene
were 1,200 moving lights, coupled with 120 space cannons and
16 follow spots.
Lamps appeared on the aerostat and lights bounced off the
giant mirrors creating a mindblowing effect.
Hundreds of been players, along with the drummers, set
the stadium on fire with every rising beat. As the drums fell
silent, the screen lit up with the `Incredible India` ad,
which was followed by a melodious, soul touching welcome song
Hundreds of children dressed in shades of Indian flag,
danced in all their glory before winning everyone`s heart by
painting a `mehendi`- speared hand on a large piece of cloth
held over them.
Not to be forgotten are the Pungcholom drummers who
enthralled the audience with their mid-air twirls and jumps.
As Hariharan performed the Swagatham, India welcomed the
world in 18 different languages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say