After 101 Mercedes, Aurangabad goes for 101 BMWs
Aurangabad: Close on the heels of creating a record with a single transaction for 150 Mercedes-Benz cars worth Rs 65 crore, Aurangabad has done it again.
This time a group of like-minded people, including industrialists, builders, and doctors among other professionals, from the city have come together to book 101 BMW cars in one day.
"In all, 101 cars were booked with Bawaria Motors in Pune on Saturday. These luxurious cars include 50-60 3-Series cars, 15 5-Series cars, 10 X-5 and three X-6 series cars. We will get the delivery in January next," Pankaj Agrawal, a businessman who encouraged other members to join in the purchase of cars, said.
Apart from the discount that could be availed due to the mass booking, another reason for the deal was to bring Aurngabad on the international map, he said.
"We want to show the world that Aurangabad is no more backward but ahead of metropolitan cities," Agrawal said.
Last month, the iconic Mercs had distributed 150 cars including 13 S-, 74 E-, 39 C-, 6 GL- and 18 M-Class cars in Aurangabad on October 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender