After 26/11, heritage wing of Taj Hotel to open by Dec
Mumbai: Tata Group company is likely to open
a part of its heritage wing of Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in
November-December, a top company official said.
The prestigious Taj Palace Hotel was damaged during the
Mumbai terror attacks last year.
"We expect to open a fair amount of the heritage wing of
the Taj Mahal Hotel in November-December barring the sixth
floor, which will open by March 2010," Indian Hotels` Managing
Director, Raymond Bickson, told reporters here.
"We expect to re-open three of our restaurants- Golden
Dragon, Wasabi and the Harbour Bar shortly," Bickson said.
The rooms and the remaining food and beverage outlets in
the hotel, including the ball room, will be opened in phases,
The company`s total income was also affected because of
the closure of 287 rooms in the Palace wing of the hotel which
is undergoing renovation.
As on date, the company has received Rs 130-crore from
the insurance company as an on account payment towards
business interruption and property damage claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed