After 26/11, heritage wing of Taj Hotel to open by Dec
Mumbai: Tata Group company is likely to open
a part of its heritage wing of Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in
November-December, a top company official said.
The prestigious Taj Palace Hotel was damaged during the
Mumbai terror attacks last year.
"We expect to open a fair amount of the heritage wing of
the Taj Mahal Hotel in November-December barring the sixth
floor, which will open by March 2010," Indian Hotels` Managing
Director, Raymond Bickson, told reporters here.
"We expect to re-open three of our restaurants- Golden
Dragon, Wasabi and the Harbour Bar shortly," Bickson said.
The rooms and the remaining food and beverage outlets in
the hotel, including the ball room, will be opened in phases,
The company`s total income was also affected because of
the closure of 287 rooms in the Palace wing of the hotel which
is undergoing renovation.
As on date, the company has received Rs 130-crore from
the insurance company as an on account payment towards
business interruption and property damage claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'