After Congress, 2G scam hits BJP
New Delhi: After the 2G spectrum scam put Congress in the dock, its now the turn of the BJP; as the strain of the scam has surfaced on the saffron party.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has accessed some ‘incriminating documents’ which suggest a link between Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka, the promoters of DB Realty and prime suspects in the spectrum allotment scandal and BJP national treasurer Piyush Goel.
DB Realty was also an alleged beneficiary of the 2G scam.
Goel, a Chartered Accountant and investment banker by profession had served as a consultant for DB Realty’s IPO.
The documents suggest that there could be “monetary transactions” between Goel and DB Realty.
Goel, however, denied any such link saying he had “advised the real-estate business of DB Realty for raising equity as a part of his company`s professional engagement like he had done to many other corporates”.
"I have never been engaged in relation to their telecom business”, he said.
The CBI may raid Goel’s residence in the next few days, reports say.
Meanwhile, Congress has said the charges are serious and needs "deep and careful" investigation.
AICC spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said, "These are important matters and inputs for the investigators to look into. If correct, they are obviously extremely serious and merit deep and careful investigation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow