After Congress, 2G scam hits BJP
New Delhi: After the 2G spectrum scam put Congress in the dock, its now the turn of the BJP; as the strain of the scam has surfaced on the saffron party.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has accessed some ‘incriminating documents’ which suggest a link between Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka, the promoters of DB Realty and prime suspects in the spectrum allotment scandal and BJP national treasurer Piyush Goel.
DB Realty was also an alleged beneficiary of the 2G scam.
Goel, a Chartered Accountant and investment banker by profession had served as a consultant for DB Realty’s IPO.
The documents suggest that there could be “monetary transactions” between Goel and DB Realty.
Goel, however, denied any such link saying he had “advised the real-estate business of DB Realty for raising equity as a part of his company`s professional engagement like he had done to many other corporates”.
"I have never been engaged in relation to their telecom business”, he said.
The CBI may raid Goel’s residence in the next few days, reports say.
Meanwhile, Congress has said the charges are serious and needs "deep and careful" investigation.
AICC spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said, "These are important matters and inputs for the investigators to look into. If correct, they are obviously extremely serious and merit deep and careful investigation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor