After courtroom drama, it`s business as usual for Army Chief
Jaipur: Notwithstanding the developments in the Supreme Court on his age issue, it was business as usual for Army Chief General VK Singh as he arrived on an official
visit to the South-Western Command here.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return from Jaipur to the capital tomorrow evening after which he will depart for an official tour to Britain from February 13 to 17, Army officials said here.
Singh arrived here this evening and after reviewing the
operational preparedness of army`s youngest command, he will
return tomorrow, they said.
Gen Singh will be in Britain on a five-day official visit
starting February 13 during which he will tour training
establishments and witness a defence exercise.
Singh will hold discussions with senior military leaders
about the ways of strengthening defence ties between the two
countries, Army officials said.
After completing his official engagements on February 17,
the army chief will take a two-day off there and return to
India on February 20, they said.
Gen Singh today lost his legal battle on the age row in
the Supreme Court which said the government decision on his
date of birth will apply for his service matters, forcing him
to withdraw his petition.
The court refused to interfere with May 10, 1950 as his
date of birth maintained in the service record by which he
will have to retire on May 31 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement