After Digvijay`s remarks, Cong says SC words respected by all
New Delhi: Congress on Monday steered clear of party general secretary Digvijay Singh`s comments taking a swipe at the judiciary, saying the apex court`s observations should be taken seriously and Singh being "senior leader" can only explain what he said.
"I have not heard or seen what he has said. Digvijay Singh is a senior leader. Since he is such a big leader, if he has said something he must have said it with due deliberation. Only he can explain what he has said," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters here.
The Congress spokesperson said the Supreme Court`s words are respected by all including the government and the Press.
"Even you do not comment on that," Afzal said. He did not give an specific answer on to whether the party endorses the Singh`s remarks.
Pressed on Congress` views on the issue, he said, "The party`s view is only that whatever observations the Supreme Court has made, they should be taken seriously".
The AICC general secretary today took a dig at the Supreme Court over its observation that CBI was a "caged parrot", suggesting the description was "belittling" the country`s institutions.
Singh`s veiled criticism of the judiciary was quickly condemned by the opposition BJP which advised the AICC General Secretary to "learn and understand" why there were a "series of scams" in the UPA government instead of "blaming the judiciary".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH