After elevation, Rahul Gandhi thanks party
Jaipur: Accepting the post of vice president in the Congress party, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday expressed his gratitude and thanked the party leaders at the CWC meeting.
Stating that he had "great experience", Rahul also told the meeting of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) he was confident that the party can "transform" the country.
"He expressed his gratitude towards all the CWC members," Congress leader Vilas Muttemwar, who was present at the meeting, quoted Rahul as having said at the meeting after his elevation.
"I have great experience...In the last eight years that I have worked with the party I have seen it is a great organisation and together we will transform the country. It is a great party," said the 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, who was the AICC general secretary, before his elevation.
Rahul becomes the third vice president of the Congress after Arjun Singh under Rajiv Gandhi and Jitendra Prasada under Sitaram Kesri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers