After elevation, Rahul Gandhi thanks party
Jaipur: Accepting the post of vice president in the Congress party, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday expressed his gratitude and thanked the party leaders at the CWC meeting.
Stating that he had "great experience", Rahul also told the meeting of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) he was confident that the party can "transform" the country.
"He expressed his gratitude towards all the CWC members," Congress leader Vilas Muttemwar, who was present at the meeting, quoted Rahul as having said at the meeting after his elevation.
"I have great experience...In the last eight years that I have worked with the party I have seen it is a great organisation and together we will transform the country. It is a great party," said the 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, who was the AICC general secretary, before his elevation.
Rahul becomes the third vice president of the Congress after Arjun Singh under Rajiv Gandhi and Jitendra Prasada under Sitaram Kesri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?