After elevation, Rahul Gandhi thanks party
Jaipur: Accepting the post of vice president in the Congress party, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday expressed his gratitude and thanked the party leaders at the CWC meeting.
Stating that he had "great experience", Rahul also told the meeting of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) he was confident that the party can "transform" the country.
"He expressed his gratitude towards all the CWC members," Congress leader Vilas Muttemwar, who was present at the meeting, quoted Rahul as having said at the meeting after his elevation.
"I have great experience...In the last eight years that I have worked with the party I have seen it is a great organisation and together we will transform the country. It is a great party," said the 42-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, who was the AICC general secretary, before his elevation.
Rahul becomes the third vice president of the Congress after Arjun Singh under Rajiv Gandhi and Jitendra Prasada under Sitaram Kesri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users