After Fasih, Saudi Arabia deports another terror suspect
New Delhi: Saudi Arabia has handed over to India a suspected LeT operative, who was wanted by Kerala Police in connection with a 2009 explosive haul case.
A Rayees, believed to be an associate of banned Pakistan-based terror outfit`s member Thadiyantavide Nazir, was deported to Mumbai where he was arrested by Kerala Police about a fortnight ago.
"Rayees was deported by Saudi Arabia and Kerala Police took his custody," Union Home Secretary R K Singh said.
Rayees was named as the third accused in a case relating to seizure of ammonium nitrate from Chakkarakkal in Kannur in 2009. During the period of investigation, he had slipped out to Saudi Arabia.
Ammonium nitrate, a controlled commodity, is frequently being used by terrorists to carry out blasts.
Highly placed sources said Rayees was first arrested in the Gulf country for alleged visa violation and he was deported when he completed his sentence there.
A suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Fasih Mohammed was arrested by Delhi Police today after his deportation by Saudi authorities.
Before the deportation of Rayees and Fasih, Saudi Arabia had deported Abu Jundal, an alleged handler for the terrorists who ravaged Mumbai in India`s worst-ever terror attacks in November, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested