After Fasih, Saudi Arabia deports another terror suspect
New Delhi: Saudi Arabia has handed over to India a suspected LeT operative, who was wanted by Kerala Police in connection with a 2009 explosive haul case.
A Rayees, believed to be an associate of banned Pakistan-based terror outfit`s member Thadiyantavide Nazir, was deported to Mumbai where he was arrested by Kerala Police about a fortnight ago.
"Rayees was deported by Saudi Arabia and Kerala Police took his custody," Union Home Secretary R K Singh said.
Rayees was named as the third accused in a case relating to seizure of ammonium nitrate from Chakkarakkal in Kannur in 2009. During the period of investigation, he had slipped out to Saudi Arabia.
Ammonium nitrate, a controlled commodity, is frequently being used by terrorists to carry out blasts.
Highly placed sources said Rayees was first arrested in the Gulf country for alleged visa violation and he was deported when he completed his sentence there.
A suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Fasih Mohammed was arrested by Delhi Police today after his deportation by Saudi authorities.
Before the deportation of Rayees and Fasih, Saudi Arabia had deported Abu Jundal, an alleged handler for the terrorists who ravaged Mumbai in India`s worst-ever terror attacks in November, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state