After hostage drama, Rajdhani Express reaches Delhi
New Delhi: The New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, which was seized by armed Maoist-backed tribal activists in West Bengal, arrived here this evening.
The Bhubaneshwar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express arrived at
the New Delhi station around 7 PM, nine hours and fifty
minutes behind the schedule.
The train was seized by tribals in West Midnapore
district yesterday but was freed by security forces after a
five-hour hostage drama.
The activists, under the aegis of a Lalgarh group
People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA), also took
control of the two drivers in an unprecedented step to demand
the release of their jailed leader Chhatradhar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen