After Javadekar`s punctuality check, I&B to install biometric attendance
New Delhi: Following a surprise check by Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar which found several employees not reporting on time, the Information and Broadcasting ministry has initiated the process of installation of biometric attendance system.
The ministry has invited quotations for the installation of biometric device for attendance system through finger print or face detection or smart card with in-built time and attendance software.
The ministry has invited quotations by July 31, and said that there are around 400 officials for which this system needs to be installed.
On July 1, the minister had made a surprise check where he found that several employees of the ministry came late to work.
Javadekar had expressed his displeasure over the lack of punctuality among officials, and directed all staff to be present in office during working hours.
Those who had not reported on work on time were asked to furnish casual leave, ministry officials had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?