After Javadekar`s punctuality check, I&B to install biometric attendance
New Delhi: Following a surprise check by Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar which found several employees not reporting on time, the Information and Broadcasting ministry has initiated the process of installation of biometric attendance system.
The ministry has invited quotations for the installation of biometric device for attendance system through finger print or face detection or smart card with in-built time and attendance software.
The ministry has invited quotations by July 31, and said that there are around 400 officials for which this system needs to be installed.
On July 1, the minister had made a surprise check where he found that several employees of the ministry came late to work.
Javadekar had expressed his displeasure over the lack of punctuality among officials, and directed all staff to be present in office during working hours.
Those who had not reported on work on time were asked to furnish casual leave, ministry officials had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US