After Modi, Rajnath reaches out to Mamata
New Delhi: Stepping up the party`s moves to reach out to TMC Chief Mamata Banerjee, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday talked to her over phone and condemned her heckling by CPI(M) protesters here while demanding a thorough probe into the incident.
Singh said he agreed with Mamata`s contention that Delhi was not a safe place and attacked the Congress-led UPA government over the situation in the national capital which he said was "slipping into a state of anarchy with each passing day".
"Whatever has happened with Mamataji and (West Bengal Finance Minister) Amit Mitra, I condemn it strongly. In clean politics, it is expected that if any political party or organisation wants to lodge its protest on an issue, there is a way to do so. But if anyone tries to lodge its protest by taking to violence, I feel the government should take stern steps against them," Singh said.
The BJP chief said "Delhi is slipping into a state of anarchy every passing day. When Chief Ministers and Finance Ministers are not safe in Delhi, then one can imagine how will the common man remain safe. I demand that there should be a proper investigation and action on this issue."
Singh alleged the situation in Delhi is such under the Congress-led UPA government that even Chief Ministers and Finance Ministers don`t feel safe.
BJP leaders have been trying to reach out to the TMC Chief in a bid to win her over ahead of next general elections.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had yesterday commended Mamata government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony