After Modi taunt, Sibal sends him 2 Aakash tablets
New Delhi: Stung by Narendra Modi`s remarks on delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, HRD MinisterKapil Sibal has asked the Gujarat Chief Minister to keep education away from politics and sent him a couple of these low-cost devices.
"... Your statement has disappointed me. Education is a collaborative venture beyond the pale of politics and we need to work together in the best interest of the children of the country," Sibal said in his letter to Modi sent along with the devices on September 26.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," he told reporters here on Friday.
Modi had said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
Noting that the advanced version of the device Aakash 2 has been developed by IIT Bombay with more applications, Sibal in his letter asked Modi for his feedback hpoing "you would be satisfied with the hard work that has been put in by our institutions and our people".
He said "though it (Aakash) has taken time, I am of the firm opinion that Aakash will showcase the best in frugal innovation that our country can proudly pioneer".
Sibal said the Cabinet would soon be approached on seeking of approval for manufacture of five million Aakash tablets.
He said that on education day, they would provide 20,000 children with Aakash at Vigyan Bhawan here.
"We dreamt and we realised it. Why because we dont have an alternative."
He said Aakash-2 tablets will be priced at Rs 2,276. It will have 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and four hours of memory back up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'