After Modi taunt, Sibal sends him 2 Aakash tablets
New Delhi: Stung by Narendra Modi`s remarks on delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, HRD MinisterKapil Sibal has asked the Gujarat Chief Minister to keep education away from politics and sent him a couple of these low-cost devices.
"... Your statement has disappointed me. Education is a collaborative venture beyond the pale of politics and we need to work together in the best interest of the children of the country," Sibal said in his letter to Modi sent along with the devices on September 26.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," he told reporters here on Friday.
Modi had said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
Noting that the advanced version of the device Aakash 2 has been developed by IIT Bombay with more applications, Sibal in his letter asked Modi for his feedback hpoing "you would be satisfied with the hard work that has been put in by our institutions and our people".
He said "though it (Aakash) has taken time, I am of the firm opinion that Aakash will showcase the best in frugal innovation that our country can proudly pioneer".
Sibal said the Cabinet would soon be approached on seeking of approval for manufacture of five million Aakash tablets.
He said that on education day, they would provide 20,000 children with Aakash at Vigyan Bhawan here.
"We dreamt and we realised it. Why because we dont have an alternative."
He said Aakash-2 tablets will be priced at Rs 2,276. It will have 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and four hours of memory back up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan