After Narendra Modi, Nancy Powell seeks meeting with Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: US Ambassador Nancy Powell has sought a meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
According to Trinamool sources, a letter from Powell`s office regarding the meeting with Banerjee has reached Nabanna -- the state secretariat.
As a follow-up, the state government has sought a formal clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs.
The meeting is likely to be held either on February 21 or 22.
Powell met Banerjee for the first time in September 2012, after US secretary of state Hillary Clinton came calling in May at the Writers` Buildings.
British Prime Minister David Cameron also met Banerjee in November 2013 and even invited her to London.
Powell met Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on February 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi