After Narendra Modi, Nancy Powell seeks meeting with Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: US Ambassador Nancy Powell has sought a meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
According to Trinamool sources, a letter from Powell`s office regarding the meeting with Banerjee has reached Nabanna -- the state secretariat.
As a follow-up, the state government has sought a formal clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs.
The meeting is likely to be held either on February 21 or 22.
Powell met Banerjee for the first time in September 2012, after US secretary of state Hillary Clinton came calling in May at the Writers` Buildings.
British Prime Minister David Cameron also met Banerjee in November 2013 and even invited her to London.
Powell met Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on February 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?