After tea outlets, now `NaMo` mobile fish stalls
Chennai: After tea outlets named after its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, BJP on Tuesday launched another novel election campaign initiative--`NaMo` mobile fish stalls-- here to reach out to the electorate ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
The mobile stall with 150 kg of fresh fish varieties including the popular "Sankara" was set up in a cargo van. Ila Ganesan, National Executive Member of the BJP inaugurated the stall at the famous Marina beach here.
The fish varieties were distributed free of cost to the people of Nochikuppam near the beach. Tokens were distributed in advance to the "beneficiaries" and each person was given a half kilo pack of assorted fish varieties.
"The mobile stall would tour all the assembly constituencies in Chennai and from tomorrow sell fish at a very reasonable price," Vanathi Srinivasan, BJP State General Secretary told PTI.
On the message that was being sought to be conveyed, she alleged that there was no safety for the fishermen of Tamil Nadu owing to the "inaction" of the UPA regime, referring to attacks and their arrests by Lankan Navy.
"When the BJP headed by Modi assumes power at the Centre, a separate ministry would be set up for the welfare of fishermen and all the issues affecting them would be addressed appropriately," she added.
Scores of NaMo (acronym for Narendra Modi) tea stalls have been opened across the country with BJP launching the campaign surrounding the brew following Congress MP Mani Shankar Aiyar`s `tea vendor` remark against Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister